Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position. This managerial position has responsibility for managing the day to day accounting and administration offering for a portfolio of blue chip alternative investment clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an AIS PRIVATE EQUITY FUND SERVICES MANAGER, OFFICER, you will
- Supervising lower level staff (including Associate 1 Associate 2 and Senior Associate Staff)
- Managing internal workflow and client deadlines
- Managing client relationships & liaising with client personnel on a daily basis
- Maintaining good working relationship with all client contacts including investment professionals investors auditors lawyers and banking personnel
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules accruals and partner capital allocations
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes and coordinating annual audits.
- Reviewing and/or preparing complex fee calculations management fees waterfall and capital account allocations etc.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- An ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Private equity experience ideally 5+ years for this role
- A college degree (accounting, business, mathematics, finance, or economics degree preferred but not essential)
- Investran experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Private Equity Fund structures, designs & hierarchies, standalone funds, master-feeder funds, and the role of each entity in the fund structure
- Familiarity with Private Equity Fund Services quarterly deliverables, such as Consolidations, PCAPs, Unfunded Statements, ILPAs, etc.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.