Financial Accountant - 9 Month Contract
This is an opportunity to join our Global Finance Team in Dublin. Our Finance team is home to over 200 Finance professionals. You will have the opportunity to have autonomy and exposure to many exciting areas of our business including many countries.
What the role involves:
- Involvement in the preparation of periodic financial and management accounts as required
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting packs to ABF (Associated British Foods)
- Management of the group audit teams, and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of statutory obligations This will require strong coordination skills, in particular within Primark’s Finance teams & with our external Audit Team
- Supporting Sales, Margin and Operating Expenditure team within Financial Reporting as required
- Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes.
- Supporting International Projects in any market as required, e.g. Brexit, new market entry
- Ensure proper books and records are held in all jurisdictions and are in accordance with local requirements (tax, accounting, legal etc)
- Any other tasks and ad hoc projects as required by management
- Significant cross-functional working across Finance, Oracle Project team and Planning & Space
- Comfortable working and taking responsibility in a dynamic environment
What we're looking for:
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- 1+ years’ post qualification experience (preferably in a retail environment)
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors
- English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.