Consulting - Government - Labour Market and Social Development (Senior Manager)
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Management Consulting practice, within Government Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
A labour market economist typically studies the variables impacting labour supply and demand, understands the application of microeconomic and macroeconomic trends on labour market and social outcomes, researches and analyses market trends, and conducts impact assessments and socio-economic contribution analysis to design and appraise labour and social policy interventions.
- Using a dynamic panel model to estimate the impact of different labour market and policy interventions on the gender pay gap, employment rates, labour market participation, workforce productivity and other labour market outcomes.
- Collect, analyze and visualise large amounts of data related to labour and employment markets to understand and quantify labour supply and demand at both macro and micro economic levels
- Conduct policy impact assessments, and economic and social contribution analysis, to answer policy questions related to labour and social policy design and appraisal
- Design social security, social development and social welfare schemes for various segments of the workforce
- Take PwC current labour market propositions to clients and develop new propositions to commercialise across the ME
- Identify and manage potential external contributors to provide additional analysis
- Work on business development activities such as thought leaderships, business reports and business proposals
- Transfer knowledge and relevant experience to help build the capabilities of the team
Areas of Expertise
- Economic Development
- Labour Economics
- Public Policy
- Impact Assessments
- Social Sector Policies and Employment
- Social Welfare
- Social Development
- Social Security
- Ability to compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast labour market trends
- Ability to design and review national pension system and design of multi-tier model
- Strong data analytics foundation and the ability to use innovative data analytics and data gathering methodologies
- Design, develop and appraise policy interventions and run multi-criteria analysis for policy prioritisation
- Strong international or regional knowledge is desirable, especially regarding the Middle East
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) preferably in Economics, Labour Development Studies or any other related field
- 8-10 years of experience in Economics, Labour Market Analysis, Social Sector Policies, Employment Creation and Labour Market Indicators
- Previous Experience with ILO, World Bank is a plus
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.