Global Equities External Reporting Product Controller
The Global Equities External Reporting Control function sits within the External Reporting Group of the Equity Product Controller organization, itself a part of Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM).
The external reporting environment is undergoing significant changes over the next few years and candidate will be involved in a broad number of new initiatives as a result. The candidate will be involved in a wide number of new reporting and business initiatives.
The role requires communication with a broad range of stakeholders across the regions, including Valuation Control Group, Accounting Policy, Product Controllers, Front and Middle Office, Business Managers, Corporate Controllers, Asset Class Controllers, Financial Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Legal and various project teams. Strong relationship management skills are needed to be effective; expansion of personal networks is encouraged.
The role includes the following (but is not limited to):
- Responsibility for the completeness, accuracy and quality of the SEC and regulatory reporting disclosures of the business
- Responsibility for collating external disclosures from regional product controllers, consolidating data, performing consistency checks, roll forwards, and completing data quality checklists
- Performing data reconciliation and adjustments, analytical review and investigation across stakeholder groups and the explanation of key business drivers to senior management, Corporate Reporting and other stakeholders
- Working on efficiency improvement projects, process re-engineering and developing project management skills
- Providing support and guidance on accounting for products, liaising with Accounting Policy where appropriate and ensuring compliance with corporate regulatory requirements
- Work with members of the balance sheet and capital/RWA teams to progress on balance sheet, capital, GSIB, leverage optimisation agendas for the business and act as conduit between the team located in New York and the EMEA & APAC businesses.
- Implement training/knowledge shares across balance sheet, capital & liquidity sub-teams, as well as wider teams within the Global Equities business, to identify areas for synergies and efficiencies
The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven and collaborative environment, and also be able to drive strategic change. Specific requirements include:
- Good understanding of accounting, financial statements, products, risk and regulatory requirements (US GAAP/SEC reporting experience desirable)
- Banking experience and some understanding of equities products are desirable but not essential
- Strong analysis and data manipulation skills; strong Excel and/or Alteryx skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter; inquisitive/curious; desire to understand the ‘big picture’
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and strong self-review of work
- Well-organised, ability to prioritise with competing requirements, multi-task with flexible working style, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; team player
- Control/efficiency mindset & strong analytical skills
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders and other team
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.