Finance Manager - Group FP&A
Office name: Warsaw
Posted Date: May 12 2021
Almost 300 employees have already joined the ranks of the new financial center, whose headquarters are located in Poznan and Warsaw.
The European Finance Hub is a part of the GSK global operating model, responsible for serving the European region. Two similar units, responsible for serving the Americas, as well as for Asia and Australia, are located in Costa Rica and Malaysia respectively. Our regional finance hubs will be centres of expertise that will work together as one finance team to share best practice and knowledge, working closely with other markets and colleagues from our global headquarters in London.
We are looking for a Finance Manager - Group FP&A based in the Warsaw office, to be responsible for providing complex planning, reporting and accounting services to our Corporate Finance teams, thus playing a crucial and active role in the delivery of new medicines to patients around the world.
How you will contribute to our success:
- You will be responsible for the quarterly reporting of global major and minor restructuring actuals, including preparation of the briefings and reporting for senior management
- You will be responsible for preparation of the restructuring Audit & Risk Committee (ARC) Paper presented by the CFO to the ARC
- You will review, challenge and recommend restructuring project proposals submitted by the business for approval by the Group Financial Controller (GFC), CFO and CEO
- You will lead the annual restructuring planning and forecasting exercises
- You will forecast minor restructuring projects to ensure total Corporate approved funds are not exceeded or under-spent.
- You will be a key contact for the VP & Director of Group FP&A, the wider FP&A team and the SAP FC team to inspire confidence in the numbers and communicate and present opportunities for process improvements.
- You will perform ad-hoc analysis, modelling and scenario building as required by senior management
What skills and expertise you will bring to the role:
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting (qualified or nearing qualifications: ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of experience in finance and planning
- Monthly management accounting experience (actuals / forecasting and budgeting / variance analysis)
- Experience of corporate financial planning and reporting systems (SAP FC)
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and communicate effectively with senior corporate and business stakeholders
- Experience in financial planning or reporting of restructuring projects
- Experience of Sarbanes-Oxley
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.