VAT Consulting Senior Manager / Director (m/f)
Our Indirect Tax practice is growing and we are looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Our consultants work both locally and with other countries to assist private companies and public authorities deal with the ever-increasing complexity of indirect taxes. Our expertise covers highly specialised tax advice for all industries (industrial companies, services, e-commerce, financial services, private equity, real estate), design and implementation of technology-enabled tax management tools, compliance, and much more.
As a VAT Senior Manager / Director (m/f), you will:
- Advise clients in your portfolio on technical aspects relating to VAT issues, you will have some team-managing duties and you will also be involved in business development actions for our practice;
- Be in charge of overseeing the delivery of VAT memorandums and other deliverables for your client portfolio and for ensuring that your clients receive relevant VAT advice. Based on your background, you may also be called upon to advise a diversified local and international client base (banks, insurers, holding companies, financial sector companies, commercial and industrial companies, real estate developers, public sector clients) on other indirect tax matters (registration and customs duties);
- Be the clients’ first point of contact and you will manage and cultivate client relationships;
- Be required to work together with other PwC departments both in Luxembourg and abroad;
- Participate in the constant evolution of our service offering and in the development of our tools to accompany our clients in the digital transformation of their businesses;
- Have the opportunity to give in-house and external training courses to our team members and to our clients. You will also have a chance to take part in conferences and events on specific topics or industries;
- You may be called upon to take part in the working groups of some business associations to work on topical or sensitive VAT issues.
- You have at least 8 years’ indirect taxation experience either in-house or in an accounting/audit firm or law firm;
- You have excellent client relationship skills, an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong network to further grow and develop the VAT practice;
- To be successful in the position, you will need to have a methodical and organised approach to work, strong analytical skills and strong writing skills;
- You have an ability to manage, develop and retain a team of skilled tax professionals;
- You demonstrate ability to identify tax consulting opportunities and a willingness to market services to existing and prospective clients;
- You are proficient in English. Notions of French and/or German would be considered as an asset.