Staff Accountant II - R2R
Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Kuala Lumpur Accounting Office:
Staff Accountant II – R2R
What can you expect?
- Be a part of a regional accounting operation team
- Elevate your accounting processing knowledge
- Interact diverse colleagues and stakeholders from various line of business within MMC
What is in it for you?
- Attractive performance driven incentives
- Participate in regional projects
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
We will count on you to:
- Assist in day to day accounting functions and processes as well as reporting of financial information
- May prepare journal entries, money moves, payments, billing, administrative system accounting reports and/or consolidated statements.
- Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts and/or client insured records.
- Prepare and analyze various accounting reports including variances to forecast, budget and prior year.
- Coordinate revenue and expense accruals, while ensuring timely accurate monthly and quarterly close.
- Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts or reports, which may include and not limited to; apply funds to insured records, process refunds to insured records, request payments for carriers and third parties.
- Presenting Findings to senior management, partners, carriers or clients.
- Assists with the development, implementation and documentation of internal and external accounting and operating policies, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for financial information while, providing guidance, advise and train junior/less experienced accountants.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of the internal control environment including general adherence and knowledge of , SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures, tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
What you need to have:
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in General Ledger/ Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivables transactions in a Shared Service or Insurance environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Good command in English is required
What makes you stand out:
- Experienced in Record to Report (R2R)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Being team oriented