Consultant, Financial Crimes Investigator
Responsible for completing all aspects of investigation, documentation, and reporting processes with respect to potential financial crime incidents involving Northern Trust accounts, clients, or employees.
- Completes investigations to determine if a financial crime (fraud, money laundering, or terrorist financing) has occurred and involves Northern Trust accounts, clients, operations, or employees.
- Supports each investigation with appropriate analysis / testing, and documents investigation activities and conclusions.
- Completes Suspicious Activity Reports within prescribed timeframes according to regulatory guidelines.
- Interacts with partners (e.g., relationship managers, Legal Department, Human Resources) or external parties (e.g., law enforcement, other financial institutions¿ investigations staff) in the course of investigations, as appropriate.
- Recognizes the highly sensitive nature of investigation activities and maintains confidentiality.
- Consults with management regarding more complex or sensitive investigations.
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to less experienced employees.
- May manage daily operational activities and review work of less experienced employees (but not a formal management role).
- Completes process improvement and other projects as assigned by management.
- Analyzes and may coordinate investigation processes and/or workflow; produces metrics used by management in monitoring work volumes, status, and productivity.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of financial crimes; and carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- A College or University degree and/or at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- In-depth financial crimes knowledge is required
- Related Industry qualification or studying towards, is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.