Indirect Tax - Manager
Role name and description
Indirect Tax VAT – Manager
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at www.ey.com/careers.
Our organization helps companies in business across all industries to identify and capitalize on business opportunities. As a leading professional service organization, EY is present in 140 countries worldwide and employs over 160,000 people. We offer our clients, which are small, medium-sized companies and international corporations, a broad array of services in audit, tax and advisory.
With this breadth of service offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager in the EMEIA Tax Center, you will actively work on the finalized deliverables on projects/services in the domain of Indirect Tax / VAT. Your main responsibilities as senior consultant are:
- Being a central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance.
- Fully understand scope of each client engagement so as you understand what is out of scope and thus a "win" or additional work.
- Capture all out of scope work on your clients and record on Pipeline spreadsheet or share with Process Owner to do so
- Organizing and coordinating the client serving team during the resolution of any out of scope activities.
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients.
- Final review and sign-off of indirect tax returns.
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated.
- Act as point of contact for the process owner ('Senior Manager') and client.
- Support the Assistance VAT Controller ('Assistance manager') in case of issues encountered during the preparation of the returns.
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
- Organizing the annual desktop review.
- Final review of the periodical indirect tax compliance calendar and sending this to client.
- Act as point of contact for local EY offices/SMO-teams and other EY parties involved in a project.
- Managing the completion of the full cycle for an indirect tax return.
- Broaden your own internal networks within the sub service line but also across sub service lines.
- Support RFP activity with Process Owners and Partners.
- Proactively share opportunities that you have been successful in selling to your clients with other VAT Controllers (i.e. sharing wins and success).
- Contribute to knowledge sharing with other sub service lines around what we do and how we can support clients.
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners.
- Staying up to date on all relevant changes in the international tax landscape and actively share this knowledge in order to support the continuous development of your colleague
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in European VAT and VAT compliance required.
- Fluent in English and German languages – written and spoken
- Team player with project management skills and focusing on organizing a team to work in the most efficient way.
- Good knowledge of general VAT principles.
- Excellent knowledge about functioning/usage of ERP-systems.
- High level knowledge and experience of a local country Indirect Tax Compliance.
- Understanding of Global Indirect Tax Compliance and the associated processes.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.