Commercial Finance Analyst
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 25,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
There’s no one quite like Kerry Foods. We’ve grown from a small farmers’ collective to a multi-billion food business - keeping hold of our ethics, spirit and character all the way. Today, we stand as a leader in a competitive and ever-changing global market. We’re aiming to pioneer new ways to delight the tastes of tomorrow, so we know that we can never stand still. Joining Kerry Foods means becoming part of this incredible story – and helping to write the next chapter. Your reward? Well further career development for you in future too!
Egham based role - mixture of office and remote working available
What does the role involve?
As a Commercial Finance Analyst within Kerry Foods, you will work within the Performance, Insights & Analysis team – a team made up of Commercial Accountants and Analysts, whilst being aligned to business partner our GB commercial functions.
- Work collaboratively with commercial and operational teams to develop business cases and model scenarios, such as building P&Ls, exploring new promotional mechanics and evaluating the impact of commodity pricing
- Partner with Account Managers in building annual customer joint business plans, tenders and new business wins, exploring opportunities to grow our business and ensuring we deliver against our business strategy
- Be a core member of cross functional Growth Teams, in pursuit of delivering in year targets and seeking out new opportunities for growth
- Partner with commercial stakeholders to review promotional performance, analysing the return on investment and effectiveness of our trade spend investments and challenging sales teams to optimise future promotional plans.
Planning and Process improvement
- Take a lead in delivering robust and accurate financial forecasts, identifying risks & opportunities and presenting forecasted outlook to senior stakeholders and wider commercial teams
- Continuously identify opportunities to streamline and improve efficiency of our financial processes and seek ways to add more value
- Demonstrate bold curiosity by identifying trends and proactively presenting key findings and recommendations to the commercial teams
- Completion of sales & profitability reporting and analysis for key stakeholders, supporting both the Commercial Finance Lead and Sales Lead to understand key drivers of performance and challenge to drive action.
- Take ownership for providing month-end variance analysis, outlining emerging trends or issues and sharing actionable insights
- Maintain customer commodity trackers and ensure accurate pricing and promotions are captured within our systems
What are we looking for?
Well at Kerry we look for people that really embrace our values and culture. Of course we need you to have the skills to do your job as well but we will support and encourage you to continue your personal and professional development during your career with us.
For this role we are ideally looking for you to be studying towards or qualified with a CIMA or ACCA professional qualification and have experience in a financial, analytical role previously.
It goes without saying that strong interpersonal and relationship building skills go a long way in our business so you'll need to demonstrate this through our process. If you've got experience in an FMCG or manufacturing business - great - but you have to understand commercial finance and be a real team player. You should also be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiently.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.