Our client, a leader in the catering industry with multiple outlets across Malta is currently looking for a young, energetic and motivated Financial Controller.
As a Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting matters in relation to the group. The candidate will report directly to the board and have the following responsibilities:
• Managing efficiently the day-to-day and month end record keeping and financial transactions of the organisation;
• Preparation and analysis of monthly management reporting;
• Investigating variances against budgets and providing variance analysis;
• Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts;
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and annual tax returns;
• Managing the annual audit process and preparation of the annual financial statements;
• Managing and coaching of junior employees within the local finance team;
• Collaborate with external parties as may be required;
• Assist the business to achieve commercial objectives, including the ability to act as an adviser on financial matters;
• Ad hoc reporting and other accounting tasks as required;
• Qualified Accountant
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting regulations (IFRS) and procedures;
• Solid knowledge of the Maltese tax and tax refund system as well as VAT.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience;
• Advance knowledge of excel;
• Able to support and guide on complex financial matters as may be required;
• Able to provide accurate and timely information to a high standard;
• Excellent organizational, analytical and numerical skills;
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data;
• Able to work effectively, respecting all deadlines with minimal management guidance/supervision.