Investor Services, Alternative Investment Solutions, VP
Who we are looking for
The role holder will play a vital role in developing the strategy of the department and will be the driving force behind ensuring that the operational infrastructure in place is in line with strategy. They will be responsible for developing and maintaining a strong control environment and ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They will provide leadership to their teams and ensure the TA department delivers and efficient service to clients and investors.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front, middle and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Investor Services, Alternative Investment Solutions, VP you will
- Oversight and development of team client relationships ensuring the TA service delivery and client requirements are consistently met or exceeded.
- Act as the key support for direct reports on client relationships matters and attend client meetings.
- Develop and build strong relationships with peer groups across the company, in particular NAV to better
- align the goals and work practices of each group.
- Act as the key person within TA to enhance the relationship with Regulatory, Risk and Compliance teams. Be fully involved in interpreting regulatory changes, understanding the operational impact for TA and providing challenges to the groups around regulatory implementation and the effect of such on TA and clients.
- Work to provide customer based solutions to clients whilst balancing the regulatory requirements against the client’s needs.
- Work closely with internal State Street support functions (HR, Training, IT) to ensure thorough support is given to TA at every level.
- Management of 3rd party relationships, representing State Street with auditors, the Regulator, acting as a strong voice in the industry for State Street on industry related boards .
- Work with directors and managers ensuring staff turnover is managed appropriately and ensure an engaged and motivated team environment. Act as a point of escalation of employee issues.
- Foster a team environment of regular communication, ensuring one to one meetings, PPR review are conducted and focus on development opportunities for direct reports.
- Attend weekly director meetings providing feedback on operational, client and industry matters, act as a lead in promoting issues/projects etc. in department for further decision making.
- Ensure risk awareness and control environment and develop new procedures to minimise the risk of errors within the department.
- Research and identify new technologies and best practices to harness stronger and a more controlled operational environment.
- Play a significant lead role in initiating and participating in the completion and implementation of department wide projects (local and global) and lead local team initiatives.
What we value
- Full autonomy for the management of their Transfer Agency teams, supporting the AVP in their role.
- Opportunity to use initiative for overall good of the TA department – bringing AVP, VP business cases forward to Senior management allowing collaboration on competing goals.
- No individual flexibility over controls & policies however VP will work with global Director group to agree policies and procedures for entire department.
- Will have autonomy to run project but will co-ordinate with senior management e.g. work on outsourcing project, will have check in point with senior management over budget, timelines but has full control to manage project.
- The role holder has no budgetary control – VP will make recommendations for promotions but no sign off on - - Total Compensation Planning.
- The role holder will assess team and put forward business case for additional headcount.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area (minimum 2.2) or relevant working experience.
- Solid Fund Administration experience (preferable some Hedge Transfer Agency) with string transfer
- agency experience.
- Experience working in a NAV environment desirable.
- Professional Qualification in Accountancy desirable.
- Strong experience in Client Relationship Management is essential for this role.
- Strong working knowledge of implementing a control environment.
- Strong working knowledge of industry, AML, regulations, clients.
- Significant change management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.