Senior Accountant (Qualified/Part Qualified ACCA)
We are an ambitious, fast growing firm of Chartered Accountants based in North London. A current opportunity has become available for an experienced Senior Accountant to become part of our close-knit team, while progressing their career and studies in a friendly environment.
The Ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a practice environment and possess a minimum of 4 years UK accountancy practice experience in the same position. Depending on experience, this role will be fast tracked to a client facing role and looking after your own portfolio.
Responsibilities and experience will include:
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for limited companies
- Preparation of partnerships and sole traders accounts
- Bookkeeping and preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Personal, corporation and partnership tax return preparation
- Supervising and assisting where necessary a team of junior members of staff.
- Liaison with clients and HMRC
- Dependent on experience, managing a portfolio of clients including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Maintaining and developing client relationships, both written communication and conducting face to face meetings.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- A minimum of 4 years previous experience working in a UK accountancy practice background.
- Full or Part Qualified ACCA qualification.
- Demonstrate exceptional quantitative and analytical skills and strong accounting knowledge.
- Good verbal / written communication in English and inter-personal skills are essential.
- The ability to work under pressure, use their own initiative and work as an effective team member.
- Good time management, and prioritizing skills so as to meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of SAGE 50 Accounts, VT Software and TaxCalc Software will be an added advantage.
If you feel that this is the role for you, then please apply! Please note that only applicants with a minimum of 4 years UK accountancy practice experience will be considered for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- UK Practice Accounting: Minimum 4 years.