Position Title: Financial Accountant
Type: Full time, 3-year fixed term contract, Position available immediately. A job-sharing role is also a possibility for the right candidate
Location: Dublin city centre, Ireland, with flexible remote working option available
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021. Remote interviews will take place week commencing 17th May 2021.
Application Documents: A well-motivated application letter outlining why you feel you are a suitable candidate and possess the necessary skills and experience to fulfil the requirements of the role, together with a CV addressing our essential criteria, including 3 references, should be submitted via the form below.
At AquaTT we believe that scientific research can, and should, enrich our lives and help deliver a sustainable future for humanity. We understand that, for this to happen, the results of this research must reach the relevant decision makers, policy creators, scientists, industry groups and the wider public, so we work with European funded scientific projects to help ensure that the new knowledge they generate is effectively transferred to create maximum positive impact. We use our skills to make a difference and help research benefit society.
AquaTT has a proven record as an expert at managing European projects, with a strategic focus on knowledge management and transfer, dissemination and training. AquaTT operates extensively within the European scientific research arena and has demonstrated a track record in successfully pursuing, acquiring and managing a significant number of grants (across the FP7, H2020, Interreg and Lifelong Learning Programmes), enabling it to build a knowledge-based organisation with key networks among national and European stakeholders in the marine and other sectors.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Financial Accountant will join our existing busy team and contribute to the management, control and reporting of the company finances.
The main duties of the post include:
• Preparing financial reports on a timely basis, including the production of quarterly and annual reports to allow for the analysis of results and trends.
• Analyzing financial data and suggesting improvements for systems including accounting and payroll.
Monitoring internal controls, ensuring all transactions are properly recorded and that balance sheet reconciliations are prepared on a quarterly basis and are accurate and reliable.
• Participating in the annual budgeting process, including examining and commenting on overhead expenses and identifying cost reduction opportunities where possible.
• Assisting with the year-end external audit to include liaising with external auditor to ensure compliance with all regulations.
• The duties will also comprise the day-to-day financial accounting preparation, to include but not limited to:
o Creditors Ledger and payments management
o Debtors Ledger and credit control
o Bank reconciliations
o Petty cash analysis and reconciliation
o Credit card posting and reconciliation
o Revenue returns, to include VAT & PAYE
o Preparation of month end journals
o Assisting with the financial management of our European funded projects from administrating the budgets through to the periodic financial reporting claims and audits of successfully awarded projects.
• Any other ad hoc duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
AquaTT is looking for a pro-active, diligent and dedicated individual, who must have suitable skills to carry out the duties described above as well as excellent soft skills such as communication and networking, stakeholder engagement, time management, task prioritisation, the ability to work on own initiative and to meet tight deadlines.
• Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) with a strong technical background
• Relevant audit experience
• EEA work authorisation
• A minimum of three years’ demonstrable experience in a similar finance role
• Strong understanding of double entry bookkeeping and automated accounting systems
• Strong numerical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to communicate clearly, courteously, and professionally to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
• A highly organised and efficient approach to managing responsibilities and an ability to prioritise and execute tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Task-oriented, responsible and autonomous
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Commitment to delivering on allocated tasks
• Good ability to work in a team and in multicultural environments
• Good ability to demonstrate initiative
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new information
• Sound working knowledge of MS Office systems, in particular MS Excel to Intermediate level
• Knowledge of Quickbooks and SAGE accounting system would be an advantage
• Preparation of Financial Statements under FRS102
• Preparation of Annual Budget
Competitive salary will be offered based on level of experience along with a range of attractive benefits.
Conditions: Holiday entitlements are 20 working days per annum and an additional 5 days of company holiday leave is given over the Christmas period. Internal and external training opportunities (relevant to the role) will be provided. Additional leave can be earned based on length of service. Company pension scheme available. Flexible working hours and some remote working is available.
Overtime may be required to meet deadlines as part of the contract.
Note: the role may be remote initially due to COVID-19 restrictions. However, once the AquaTT offices re-open in line with public health advice, then the position would require the successful candidate to work from the Dublin office with flexibility for a blended remote working arrangement.