Analyst - Risk Model Development
4 days left
- Full time
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for performing a variety of moderately complex risk analytics and/or capital allocation framework activities for the Corporation. Resolves moderately complex issues in modeling and measuring risk, allocation of capital for performance measurement or other aspects of risk measurement.
- Responsible for performing a variety of moderately complex analytical duties or executes model related activities for risk models used by the Corporation
- Strong knowledge of statistical modeling techniques like regression (logistic, linear, multinomial etc) and time series data analysis (e.g. ARIMA, ARIMAX etc)
- Ensures model development, monitoring, and validation approaches meet regulatory expectations and internal risk management needs in Credit risk area – like PDs, LGDs and EADs etc
- Provides analytical or risk measurement support to help meet both internal corporate and regulatory requirements
- Supports development of comprehensive documentation and testing of risk management framework
- Carries out moderately complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas including banking business and lending activities
- Delivers a work product that requires little revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required when interacting with committees and/or management
- Strong quantitative skills – statistics, econometrics
- Knowledge of risk measurement required to support function
- Analytical and problem solving skills are preferred
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g.SAS, Matlab, Advanced Excel)
- 2 to 4 years of experience in similar role preferably for global banks or financial institutions – quantitative model development or validation.
- A College or University degree preferably from Tier 1 college and/or relevant proven work experience is required; Advanced degree in related field (math, statistics, economics) or equivalent career experience preferred. Related Industry qualification is preferred.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.