Portfolio Services Analyst, Senior Associate - London
Who we are looking for:
The candidate will support the day to day operational tasks of the Front Office Data Control (FODC) team. It is designed to compare records of the Client`s Front Office System to records kept at State Street, flag and resolve differences, work with internal teams and the client front office provider to resolve breaks, have a proactive mindset to inform other business units of potential issues further downstream.
You will be part of the wider Portfolio Services Team (supporting 1 large client) which is inclusive of the FODC team. You will also have the opportunity to learn and contribute to multiple areas covering Portfolio Control, Information Delivery, Operational Control Framework, Cash Administration, Transitions, Static Data Management and support other team members. You will gain exposure to all areas over the longer term and work closely across the larger team in order to support client queries.
The candidate will have opportunities to contribute towards the improvement of existing processes, bring ideas to the team and provide analytical support in any change request on-boarding as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also be able to participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a new conversion of new portfolios.
Overall the role is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the whole life cycle of Portfolio Services, where you will get exposure to different Business Units of the bank – dedicated to one large client. The Portfolio Services team covers a large skill set that we will teach proactive candidates who are willing to work collaboratively and keen to learn.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Portfolio Services Analyst you will:
- Own and manage FODC (Front Office Data Control) process
- Monitor OCF (Operational Control Framework) checks to make sure the data used for the reconciliation is accurate
- Take ownership of the timely investigation and resolution of exceptions
- Liaise with internal teams to resolve exceptions in a timely manner
- Provide client with daily summary and monthly MIS reports
- Provide client front office system provider with intraday reports to resolve breaks where possible
- Participate in local / global projects and initiatives, taking a lead role where required
- Coordinate with internal departments to meet client needs
- Have the ability to represent State Street in front of a client
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals.
- Assist with Governance for offshore locations where applicable
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyse on the spot
- Strong team working skills
- Strong client service skills (an advantage)
- Excellent technical skills in Excel such as Pivot tables and building macros (an advantage)
- Some Middle Office experience an advantage
- SQL skills (an advantage)
- Basic knowledge of investment types such as equities vs bonds vs FX
- Reconciliation skills
- An investigative mindset with regards to resolving issues and queries.
- Good time management, organizational and team working skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience
- 2+ years experience in an asset management / middle office role
- Experience in back- and middle-office of high-demand middle-office clients is considered a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with different teams
- Some travel may be required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.