VAT Manager or Senior VAT Manager
2 days left
- Experience level
VAT Manager or Senior VAT Manager
Bristol, Bath, Exeter, Torquay, Plymouth, Truro, Worcester
We are looking to recruit a talented and ambitious VAT professional to join our expanding VAT team.
The role can be based from any of our seven offices and we are interested in talking to candidates who are operating at Assistant Manager through to Senior Manager level – this role can be shaped around the appointed candidates’ skills and experience.
Recognised as a Sunday Times Top 100 Employers for five consecutive years, this position will allow you to play a pivotal role in one of the UK’s most forward thinking and progressive accountancy practices.
You will provide a comprehensive VAT advisory service to a wide range of clients from charities and not for profit organisations to large international businesses and work with colleagues across the firm on the VAT issues affecting their clients. In addition, you will work with contacts across our international network to provide advice to both UK based and international clients on the VAT issues they face.
This role can be recruited on a full or part time basis, with plenty of opportunities for the successful applicant to work from home.
This role will give you the opportunity to make a real difference within our firmwide VAT team.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Advising UK and international clients on the VAT and other indirect tax implications of the new trading arrangements with the EU and other international trade issues
- Advising charity and other not for profit clients on VAT liability of income and VAT recovery including partial exemption methods
- Discussing the VAT implications of residential and commercial property developments with clients and contacts including solicitors and architects
- Advising affected clients on adapting to the new requirements of making tax digital.
- Communicating key VAT developments internally and externally by blogs and social media
- Monitoring budgets and agreeing fees
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Contributing to business development activities and becoming actively involved in the various sector groups such as food and drink and charities.
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Experience of working within VAT gained from either an accountancy practice or HMRC environment. Ideally you will be CTA qualified, but this isn’t essential
- Experience of managing a diverse portfolio of VAT clients across multiple sectors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at all levels
- A strong desire to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming
Please contact Wendy Andrews; VAT Director or Ben Carter; Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.