Finance Collections Manager
This is a high-profile role working with Senior Leadership working towards a common goal to drive the improvement of cash collections.
You will need to gain an understanding of the important issues and differences across all service lines, whilst operating as a trusted business partner with both service line management & core finance, to help develop a strong culture of financial awareness, commerciality and accountability whilst maintaining independence and objectivity through being a member of the Finance team. Through the management of a team of credit controllers, you will apply a high degree of focus on meeting strong cash targets. The role will require staying closely connected with Finance Leadership as well as being responsible for process innovation, people management, service delivery, and continuous improvement.
Working alongside talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds, you’ll be part of a culture that’s results-focused, collaborative and inspirational. Together, we make a difference to our clients and the communities in which we live and work.
About the Team
This is a great opportunity to join a busy Collections Team within Finance. This role is based in Dublin and you will be part of a team of six people where you will receive exposure to some of EY’s most diverse and exciting clients. The role will also have a reporting line to UK&I Regional Head of Collections. Your work will be recognised & rewarded.
Your key responsibilities
- Management & supervision of the collections team
- Manage performance, personal development, coaching, counselling, issue resolution and training of individuals within the team
- Motivate and inspire team members to achieve their full potential
- Drive improved performance initiatives on all aspects of cash collections relating to aged debt
- Managing priority collection worklists, high value collections, dispute management, inter office settlement, advising on best practice for order to cash and implementation of business/process improvements
- Build strong relationships with Service Line Management, whilst collaborating with client facing teams to coordinate collection activities
- Achieve monthly call and cash targets
- Ensure compliance with collection procedures
- Minimise Bad Debts
- Project work to enhance collection activities
- Other Accounts Receivable duties
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to analyse & investigate trends and provide insights for continuous improvements
- Acting as a trusted business advisor, including providing a clear & insightful point of view, demonstrating forward & flexible thinking and challenging business assumptions
- Good commercial awareness
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop strong relationships across the finance team, key stakeholders and senior management
- Strong IT skills including advanced use of Excel, Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable
To qualify for the role you must have
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.