Business Services Manager or Senior Manager
We are looking to recruit a talented and ambitious accountant to join our Plymouth office and play a key role within our Corporate and Business Services team.
We are interested in talking to candidates who are operating at Assistant Manager through to Senior Manager level – this role can be shaped around the appointed candidates’ skills and experience.
This position will give you the autonomy to develop and grow a talented team to offer a range of compliance related services to a broad portfolio of owner managed business clients.
Recognised as a Sunday Times Top 100 Employers for five consecutive years, you will be part of a business that recognises the importance of offering a healthy work/life balance to its people.
Fresh off the back of recruiting a record number of people in 2020, we are now looking to continue to attract a great talent to support our ambitious growth plans.
Working closely with our Plymouth and Truro office SMT, you will look to grow our portfolio of clients and will seek to add value to our existing clients by introducing additional services that we can offer.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with our management team to manage and develop our Business Services team – this will include recruiting team members and coaching our people so that they can reach their potential
- Building strong relationships with our owner-managed business clients and ensuring that we continue to offer a quality trusted advisor service
- Monitor developments in the accounting marketplace to help retain competitiveness and efficiency of service provision
- Build/retain a good network of local contacts within the local market to aid business development
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of working within a business services environment/practice environment
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the local business community
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their teams
- Highly commercial with the drive to contribute towards Bishop Fleming’s growth
Please contact Ally Allington; Partner or Ben Carter; Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.