Every day brings a new challenge so you’ll need to be a team player at heart, with an eye for detail, great organisational skills so you can prioritise your day to ensure you meet deadlines.
With your analytical mind you will interpret data, providing concise explanations on trends and variances and know how to resolve problems and issues that may arise.
Strong communication skills both written and verbal are a must have for this role to build relationships across the business. You will also need to build strong customer relationships with existing and new clients gaining insight into their needs and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Together we find solutions and make things happen but to do this we want you to contribute; looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient and effective way.
Day to Day:
- Responsibility for the management of designated Private Equity or Real Estate Clients
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and reports
- Work closely with your line Manager and Technical & Training Team to ensure financial statements meet the Funds’ reporting requirements, eg UK GAAP or IFRS
- Review investor drawdown calculations to ensure accuracy of figures as Funds seek access to their commitments from investors
- Review investor distribution calculations to ensure the flow of funds from the sale of an investment are accurately recorded so that proceeds are appropriately allocated and paid to investors
- Ensure the accurate communication of all cash movements between the Fund and its Investors through the issuance of relevant notices to investors
- Oversee the preparation and completion process of Client deliverables including agreeing time tables with Clients, and thereafter monitoring progress against these to ensure deliverables are on track
- Conduct regular Client calls with CFO or Financial controller to ensure open and effective communication at all times
Your long-term career goals are important to us too. We want to make sure we’re providing the support and opportunities you need to achieve your dreams so we can build a successful future together.
- Higher level education, IATI qualification, or equivalent
- ACCA/ ACA/CIMA qualified, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience working in a professional office environment. Ideally working in financial services or accounting practice working on multiple client relationships
- Experience in the review of working paper files and Financial Statements including disclosures, or alternatively, can demonstrate strong accounting background through previous experience and CPD
- Management of Client relationships and experience with resolving issues directly with Clients
- Experience in supporting and mentoring less experienced team members
- Intermediate Excel skills
IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive
and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a
strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your
professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities
across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.