Senior Internal Auditor / Manager | National Firm | c $105k
This accounting and advisory practice has won a number of tenders for 2021 and are looking to add senior talent to their Audit & Assurance team. Working alongside experienced Directors and with a strong team supporting you, this is the ideal opportunity for someone looking for a smaller, more engaged team environment.
This firm has established themselves as a key service provider to clients in both the public and private sectors, including the NFP sector. With a large national footprint and offices across Australia, they offer the opportunity to collaborate across different teams to expand your skills and experience.
Forming part of a smaller team, you have the opportunity to work closely with your clients in a collaborative team where you are able to mentor and train junior staff. Excellent work is rewarded and promotions happen often, offering an environment where you can move up the ranks and be recognised for hard work.
As Senior Internal Auditor / Manager, you will work closely with the Directors and be responsible for the Internal Audit engagements.
Together with the team, you will have various responsibilities on a variety of engagements and be responsible for the following:
- Develop annual internal audit plans
- Risk analysis and compliance
- Ensure accounting procedures are accurately implemented
- Facilitate risk workshops and risk assessments
- Reviewing audit work papers
- Testing controls
- Governance and regulatory compliance
This role requires excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to articulate audit findings into meaningful and detailed reports. You will also have the ability to supervise a team and ensure accurate billing and timely close of projects.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Completed professional qualification (CA/CPA/IIA)
- Relevant local Australian experience within a similar senior role in audit and assurance
- Excellent knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian Audit Standards
- Genuine flexibility and a culture that supports a work/life balance
- Tangible and transparent career progression
- Continuous internal and external training in Canberra and interstate for technical skills and soft skills
- Engaging team culture with national team events, training and seminars
- Central & Modern offices
*Due to the nature of work and requirements from their federal government clients, Australian Citizenship is preferred, coupled with relevant local experience
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Annelize Oosthuizen on +61 2 6222 8941.