Commercial Finance Analyst
Our client is seeking an experienced Commercial Finance Analyst with experience in a manufacturing business to join their growing Finance team in Banbury. Perfect for any progressive Part Qualified/Finalists with manufacturing experience!
Our client is a manufacturing business who has continued to grow over recent years and is looking to continue that trend with the help of an impressive Commercial Financial Analyst. There is clear scope for progression within the business for anyone looking to become qualified and to take on more responsibility within this entrepreneurial business.
The Commercial Finance Analyst will also be the Business Partner to the Finance, Sales and Marketing Team.
You will be focused on managing pricing and analytics to support key business decision making that drives profitable top-line growth across the company.
If you would like to join a company where you can be yourself, you are highly analytical with an entrepreneurial mindset, able to work on challenges, and have some fun along the way then please keep reading.
- This is a highly visible role in which you will be responsible for Business Partnering with the Sales and Marketing team to provide effective pricing, business planning, and customer execution that supports top-line growth across core sales and new channels, categories, and products. Partnering activities with Sales Managers, Account Managers, and Marketing Managers;
- Owns the coordination, consolidation, and analysis of the weekly landing report in conjunction with Sales Channel Managers;
- Maintain / Own the customer price models, pricing tracker, and retro pricing forms.
- Provide profitability analysis, reporting and performance insights for channels, customers; Challenge and support the business to improve profitability through pricing control, mix management, and supply chain effectiveness;
- Complete ad hoc reporting and analysis as required from heads of Finance and Sales & Marketing;
- Support in the design and maintenance of critical financial controls and processes incl. (but not limited to) Pricing, Commercial SOA, Business Finance Approvals across the company;
- Support the Customer Service function to ensure timely and accurate processing of customer orders and invoicing; solving issues with pricing and costings as required
- Deputise and support the FP&A Analyst as required
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will be:
You will be a part qualified/Finalist level accountant with strong commercial reporting skills and able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the manufacturing sector.
Self-driven with excellent analytical and systems skills.
"Hands-on" in your approach with sound problem solving, communication and organisation.
Proactive in owning, driving, and delivering key actions.
A team player that is eager to learn, build, and ready to go the extra mile.
Naturally, you will possess excellent excel, reporting, and analysis skills. You will have credibility when dealing with senior colleagues and a high level of accuracy.
Analytical, quick to grasp the fundamentals of a business, and have strong communication skills.
Pricing experience is essential preferably full value chain product Pricing.
Proven track record in financial reporting and analysis; preferably within a large organisation and with experience in both sales and operations.
Knowledgeable in Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Controlling principles.
Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint
You'll need to be energetic and have a can-do attitude, on top of this, you'll need resilience as a business is constantly changing.
You will have:
- Pricing and costing experience
- Experienced in Business partnering with a Sales team
- Knowledge and experience of Profitability analysis/reporting
- Commercial experience in the manufacturing industry
- Accepts ownership and accountability
- Confident communicator at all levels both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team; and to drive forward initiatives whilst managing key stakeholders
- Part-qualified accountant
- Strong commercial reporting skills
- Tech Savvy with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; great attention to detail
The salary on offer is extremely competitive so apply now!