- Prepare individual, trust and estate, private foundation and gift tax returns on the CCH Axcess Tax application.
- Review trust tax returns and fiduciary accounting transactions on the OneSource Trust Tax application.
- Work closely with clients and trustees to develop positive relationships and ensure the clients' needs are being met.
- Prepare quarterly estimates, correspond with tax authorities, research tax matters and keep up to date with changes in tax law.
- This role reports directly to the Director of Tax Services.
- Work requires seasonal overtime.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. Enrolled Agent credential or Certified Public Accountant license is required.
- Approximately 10+ years of progressively responsible tax related work experience in order to gain the expertise to prepare and sign tax returns for individuals and trusts.
- Demonstrates impeccable integrity in personal and financial matters.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to prioritize work to meet mandated deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of clients, trustees, attorneys, and staff to provide information and service with courtesy and tact.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the CCH tax program is preferred; knowledge of OneSource Trust Tax is a plus.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP
A medium–sized downtown Boston law firm specializing in Estate Planning is seeking a qualified Tax Accountant to join our 10–person in–house Tax Department. We are looking for a dedicated tax professional to join our team.
For over 150 years, New England's individuals and families, including representatives from businesses both private and public, and nonprofit organizations, have sought legal advice at Hemenway & Barnes. Thanks to these loyal clients, often spanning several generations, the partners and staff at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long–held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and an excellent work environment.
To Apply: Qualified candidates may send resume and cover letter in confidence, to the