A hands-on role in a great, well established practice based in Leeds which has exciting growth and development plans. The individual will have a varied role in the business. The job will be demanding and will suit a career focused person who is keen to learn and be determined to progress.
The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with clients, maintaining client records, filing of accounts and tax returns in respect of all limited company clients and filing of personal tax returns for directors.
This will require excellent communication, planning and organisational skills. The successful candidate must be constantly monitoring and evaluating priorities.
The Client Accountant will:
- Have AAT qualification or be ACCA part qualified or be an accounting & finance grad.
- Have detailed knowledge of the SAGE accounts system or a similar.
- Have a very strong bias towards high level customer service.
- Have high attention to details with a professional approach to problem solving.
- Be confident, very self-motivated and comfortable with challenging others and being challenged themselves.
- Must be gregarious, engaging and keen to learn new skills.
- Must be able to work very well under pressure.
- Must be ambitious and keen to embrace new challenges.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Take a customer “lead” through a selling process to company set up.
- Register the company for all relevant taxes.
- Secure the company information from clients every quarter in order to prepare quarterly management accounts.
- Preparation of year end accounts without error within three months of company year ends.
- Issuing company accounts for director’s signature and on-time filing at Companies House.
- Timely prep, delivery and on-time submission of Quarterly VAT returns.
- Prepare PAYE/NI returns, issuing directors and ensure on-time submissions.
- Corporation tax computation, timely payments and CT600 filings.
If you’re looking for an Client Accountant role in Leeds but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Leeds we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Leeds as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Tax Seniors in Leeds. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.
Apply for Client Accountant
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly