Assistant Director, Transaction Diligence, Edinburgh
The Transaction Diligence team at EY currently has exciting opportunities. You'll work with a high-performing, integrated team which focuses on a variety of high profile IPOs and transactions. You'll have a diverse range of stretching experiences which will give you continuous learning and development opportunities as well as a great sense of achievement.
We help corporate and financial clients to meet their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring, divesting or raising finance. We work with a range of clients, from UK entrepreneur led businesses to the largest global enterprises across all sectors, often on complex assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines and jurisdictions.
Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company’s finances and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties.
You will be working alongside experienced due diligence professionals, where you will continue to develop your skills to perform due diligence in a range of situations and sectors. There is the opportunity for travel, both within the UK and potentially internationally. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as an Assistant Director (Senior Manager) you will have responsibility for understanding the key business drivers of your client as well as co-developing our approach with them. This will include agreeing value measurements, providing value to the client through insights and factual conclusions as well as providing advice at every step of their journey. You will project manage teams, working closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within the wider transaction support function as well as other departments in EY. In addition, you will:
- Share your technical and other knowledge with your team and the department
- Build on and develop internal and external networks through personal contacts
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients
- Play a role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework)
- Being a true business advisor to the client and establish yourself as a key client contact
- Take responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback
Skills and attributes for success
- Be able to gather, verify and analyse information to formulate views / conclusions
- Demonstrable experience in planning, preparing and reviewing deliverables in various forms including written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Offer a support culture to junior members of the team, assisting their development
To qualify for the role you must have
- An ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry or transaction experience (including financial due diligence experience)
- Business Development experience
- Project management skills
- A passion to provide high quality service to your clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- counselling skills, though not essential
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.