Transaction Diligence, Senior Associate
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We help corporate and financial clients to meet their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring, divesting or raising finance. Although our work is fast-paced, high profile and high pressure and often operates within demanding deadlines, you will find it to be extremely rewarding.
Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company’s finances and business projections,
identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties.
You will be working in teams with experienced due diligence professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to perform due diligence in a range of situations and sectors. There is the opportunity for and likelihood of travel within ASEAN. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team.
As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, begin to build relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Associate within the Transaction Diligence team, you will:
- Participate in due diligence engagements related to transactions involving private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers
- Analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing accounting records and participating in interviews with management
- Work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of professional audit experience, preferably with previous due diligence exposure
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader/team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia