Business / Operational Audit - Officer
In this role, the key focus for the Officer Regulatory Reporting would be:
Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls related to key US regulatory reporting operations, including CCAR reporting, in accordance with the audit methodology and the regulatory reporting audit approach
Assessing and testing controls over the accuracy and completeness of regulatory reports submitted to the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB); the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC); and the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFEIC), such as Liquidity Risk Reporting, CCAR, Basel, and Call Reports.
Assessing the risk and controls around the design, development, delivery of data from operation systems and files into staging area, Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- The audit manager is responsible for successfully planning, executing and completing audits according to a risk-based approach, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and preparing audit reports.
- The audit manager must demonstrate knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies (e.g. COSO); process and control industry standards; risk management practices and techniques; and internal audit process, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting.
- The audit manager must display a high degree of professionalism and leadership and possess proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills. The audit manager must be able to manage complexity, to multi-task and work independently in non-routine situations.
- The audit manager will facilitate effective communication and coordination with business management at all levels and must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The audit manager will develop a thorough understanding and knowledge base of the company’s operations, establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- The audit manager will have strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and coaching and developing staff through timely meaningful feedback.
- The audit manager will maintain a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
Experience / Qualification / Key Skills / Attributes
- Working knowledge of key US regulatory reporting risks and key banking regulations such as CCAR and other regulatory reports, e.g. Call Reports, FRY – 9C or FFIEC 101
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and experience dealing with examinations and /or enquiries by regulatory authorities is preferred
- Experience with assessment and testing of controls over FRB, FDIC, and FFEIC reporting (including Liquidity Risk, CCAR, Basel, Call Reports, etc.)
- Knowledge of UK or European related regulatory reporting regulations and/or requirements strongly desired
- Data Modeling (ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, etc.) strongly desired Tools: SAS, SQL, Tableau preferred
- Experience with design, development, delivery of data from operation systems and files into staging area, Data Warehouse and Data Marts, preferred
- BCBS 239- Data Quality Assessments: Data dictionaries, Data lineage, including Functional (Data
- Accuracy/Completeness) and Technical (Interface, etc.) control frameworks preferred
- Balance Sheet Management experience (ALM/Liquidity) desired but not required, with direct experience with vendor tools such as QRM/Bancware
- Candidates should have Financial Services Audit experience in either Big 4 Public Accounting, Corporate Internal Audit, Risk Advisory practices, a regulatory agency.
- Professional audit certifications preferred; a CPA, CIA or CISA is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Visio
- Bachelor’s degree required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.