Accounts Payable Manager
The Accounts Payable Manager role based in the West Midlands is a senior position within the Shared Services Centre of this Property and Housing sector business leading a large team of Accounts Payable staff to manage high volumes of work. You will be responsible for leading process improvements and driving performance through effective management, supporting and empowering staff of all levels within your function.
My client is a leader in its field based in the West Midlands, a global business with real passion and drive for operational excellence. The company are seeking a specialist Accounts Payable Manager with exceptional capabilities in managing a high volume department to reach operational excellence.
The Accounts Payable Manager post will involve:
- Operational management of a large Payables function managing high volumes of work across a Global network
- Oversight and development of staff and supporting continuous development of skill sets and knowledge
- Ensuring continuous improvement of processes and systems utilising industry leading technology and high level understanding of core AP principles
- Engagement with stakeholders at all levels to ensure compliance with global P2P processes
- Work with FSSC Leader to ensure all P2P processes are robust and fit for purpose and have the ultimate aim to reach best in class potential
- Management of recruitment and training, continuously developing staff a high knowledge/high skill basis
- Lead on operational excellence, with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement, and will also include elements of transformation and transition. Including invoice processing, operational procurement, vendor onboarding, payments, query resolution, controls, and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have the following expertise:
Relevant operational P2P experience leading accounts payable, vendor maintenance, procurement/purchase ordering, disbursements, controls, reporting
Functional experience in systems re-engineering, finance shared services or BPO
Extensive experience of SAP accounts payable, OCR, service desk ticketing tools and other P2P solutions
Strong Finance process, controls and systems knowledge
Excellent people management skills and toolkit
Ability to demonstrate excellent communication techniques across a variety of audiences
Experience of working with remote teams across multiple locations.
Strong analytical skills and ability to perform complex analysis and reconciliations.
Stable permanent position offering real scope for career progression, competitive salary/benefits, flexible working, opportunity for high level involvement in change management, process improvement and operational leadership.