Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
PwC’s Northern Audit practice is a powerhouse of UK regional offices including Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast. Together we service clients of all sizes, in a diverse range of sectors, delivering high quality External Audits and Audit related services. Understanding our clients needs and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is key to performing high quality audits.
Our Northern Ireland Practice is experiencing continuous growth within the professional services market. It’s a changing and dynamic place to continue building your career whilst working with leaders within the industry. We’re currently seeking experienced Audit Managers to be part of this success and to help drive our business forward.
In Belfast we make a difference - to our clients, to our community and to the PwC global network. And we’ll certainly make a difference to your career and your social life too. Currently there are c. 2500 staff based in Belfast. We advise more of the region’s top-100 business than any other professional advisors and have more than 500 clients, ranging from top FTSE 100 companies to start ups, therefore, making Northern Ireland a great place to build your career and develop your skills. Our current Waterfront Plaza office overlooks the Belfast Port with our imminent move in the Summer of 2021 to our new, state of the art Merchant Square building right in the heart of the city. The role offers flexibility with the opportunity to build a varied portfolio and tailor the role to your strengths.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Be a Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA/ ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required
Find out more about our PwC office locations.The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.