Global Internal Auditor - Americas hub
The Global Internal Auditor for the Americas reports to the Head of Global Internal Audit for the Americas region and will be based in Boson, MA, USA.
Global Internal Audit is focused on:
- Compliance and respect of Corporate ethics program
- Key operational processes (Sales & marketing, Research and development, Purchasing, Projects & Services, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Logistics, Human resources, IT and Finance)
- Main risks and weaknesses including organization and strategic subjects
As such, 50% of the audits performed focus on compliance with group policies and process improvement, while the remaining audits are consulting and strategic in nature.
The Global Internal Auditor leads or participates in 4 types of audits (assessing diverse processes and cycles): Transversal risk audits, process audits, entity audits or post acquisition audits.
The objectives of the audits are to:
- Assess the level of internal control
- Identify areas where performance can be improved
- Measure how operational risks are monitored and mitigated follow up the implementation of audit action plans
When leading an audit mission, the Global Internal Auditor is called “Team Leader” & is in charge of:
- managing the project and the relationship with the auditees
- delivering the project on time
- defining the working program and assigning audit cycles to auditors together with the Global Internal Audit Senior VP or the Head of the hub
- organizing the fieldwork and coaching the team members
- reporting the main conclusions to the auditee, Senior Management & Executive Committee
- delivering an Executive Summary to the Chairman of the Audit Committee and Group CEO
- following-up the action plans that resulted from the audit with the auditees
When a member of an audit, the Global Internal Auditor is called “Team Member” and is in charge of:
- conducting interviews, tests, data analysis in order to identify root causes, assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes
- proposing recommendations to auditees in order to correct inefficiencies or to improve efficiency
- presenting those recommendations to local management and Senior Management
The Global Internal Auditor for Americas travels across North and South America approximately 50% of their time, mostly for 3 weeks consecutively on-field, and in some occasions 4 weeks. In some instances, the Global Internal Auditors may be required to travel outside of the Americas region. They will have to work in various cultural environments. The Global Internal Auditor will have contact with all levels of the organization worldwide, including Executive Committee members. The Global Internal Auditor has contact with external auditors.
English, both written & spoken, is the working language.
Global Internal Auditor: Job requirements:
- 5+ Years professional experience (external auditor with IFRS knowledge preferred)
- Analytical thinking
- Synthetic skills
- Business oriented (ability to understand the audit context)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Relationship management, Teamwork and cooperation
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s including MBA or other additional certifications preferred
- Mastering another language (eg. Spanish or Potuguese)