Locus Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join our team as a full–time Financial Analyst responsible for supporting the corporate finance and accounting functions, including both financial planning & analysis and financial reporting & control functions, and will be directly reporting to and working closely with the company's Associate Director of Finance. The successful applicant will be a key member of the finance team and will work with leaders across all company departments.
Responsibilities will include:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Engage with business leaders in the Finance function and throughout the organization to understand their goals and objectives; assist with financial analysis and forecasts to help them drive decision making within their areas and champion new initiatives that require additional resources.
- Assist in providing data driven insights to key business leaders by identifying trends and patterns in historical and projected financial information to identify opportunities to increase company value.
- Proactively identify and report financial risks/issues that need to be addressed to the Associate Director of Finance and any other company personnel as needed.
- Help identify ways of improving company– and department–level forecasting accuracy and visibility.
- Assist the Associate Director of Finance in the implementation and continued maintenance of ERP and financial systems.
- Assist in creating the capability to budget, forecast, and review financial performance at project level so that project managers can see performance versus project budgets on a monthly basis to make timely adjustments.
- Assist with updating and maintaining the Company's 5– and 10–year financial models and detailed 2–year forecasts covering the company's future operations.
Financial Reporting and Control
- Work with individual departments and Finance team to prepare budgets and consolidate them into overall corporate budget for approval by the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Perform and manage routine finance operations such as purchase orders, invoice processing, bill payment, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Assist with creating, implementing, and managing appropriate financial controls such as company financial policies.
- Help research and apply appropriate accounting methods that are stage–appropriate for Locus.
- Assist in the month–end and year–end close processes; prepare financial statements that are accurate and clear.
- Compare results against budgets and forecasts; perform variance analysis to explain differences and identify opportunities for cost containment within each department and for the company, which will be communicated to and reviewed by the Associate Director of Finance.
- Work closely with banks to coordinate treasury management.
- Assist with providing financial oversight of major capital projects including budgeting, forecasting and monthly cashflow management
- Assist with year–end financial audit with external auditors, including implementation of any needed adjustments or corrections.
- Conduct internal audits of processes, records, and information as needed.
- Manage tax filings with external accountants.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
Experience and Expertise
- 1–2 years of experience in Big 4 accounting firm preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Financial and ERP systems.
- Capable of effectively communicating with company executives and investors, providing sound business judgement and financial acumen.
- Strong computer, analytical, organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization and across all functions.
- Able to work effectively in a fast–moving and sometimes chaotic environment.
- Able to flex work hours to meet challenging deadlines.
- Impeccable integrity.
About Locus Biosciences
Locus Biosciences is a clinical–stage biotechnology company developing CRISPR–enhanced precision antibacterial products (crPhage???) to address critical unmet medical needs in bacterial infections and microbiome indications in oncology, immunology and neurology therapeutic areas. The Locus platform combines CRISPR–Cas3, which permanently degrades target DNA within a bacterial cell, with bacterial viruses called bacteriophage to specifically kill target pathogens while leaving non–target bacteria (i.e., the rest of the patient's microbiome) unharmed. Locus completed its first human clinical trial in early 2021, with a crPhage product targeting Escherichia coli bacteria in the urinary tract. Locus also recently announced strategic collaborations with Johnson & Johnson, BARDA, and CARB–X to develop crPhage products targeting respiratory infections, E. coli urinary tract infections, and Klebsiella pneumoniae infections, respectively. For more information about Locus visit
Job Type: Full–time
Job Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
For immediate consideration, please email your resume or CV to: .
- Direct applicants only. No agencies please.