M & A Analyst
Title: M&A Analyst
Time Commitment: Full time (40 hrs/wk);
Location: Office No. 3, 3rd floor, Al-Syed Arcade, Main Rashid Minhas Rd, Block 5 Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi, Karachi City, Sindh 75300
Company Overview: Banyan Software acquires, builds and grows great enterprise software businesses. Founded in 2016, Banyan is backed by a world-class group of CEOs and investors with deep technology experience. With a permanent capital base, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets. For more information, visit: http://www.banyansoftware.com
Description of the Role: This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on learning experience with many of the core activities involved with working in a technology-focused corporate development team or private equity firm. The design of the role will introduce the candidate to the exciting and challenging career of working on a high-energy M&A team, which represents a unique and rewarding experience. The exposure obtained throughout the work term will be included but not limited to: new industries, business models, valuation methods, research techniques, along with opportunities in deal origination, diligence, and transaction processes. They will be given real responsibility and have a measurable impact on the organization. The developmental goals include a fundamental understanding of the private company acquisition process, along with ability to analyze software businesses, and prepare high level valuations.
You will support the evaluation and acquisition of vertical market software companies through supporting the following functions:
- M&A Deal Evaluation (75%)
- Assistance in operational, financial, and market due-diligence (10%)
- Special projects (data focused) (15%)
All of the above responsibilities will be conducted in collaboration with the broader Banyan Team, with primary accountability to the M&A Team. The program is structured this way to ensure the selected candidate has the opportunity to get hands-on M&A experience and add value throughout the entire M&A cycle, from deal origination to closing.
Ultimately, building relationships and having strong interpersonal skills will play an important role in the success of the selected candidate. The candidate will also be an energetic and enthusiastic self-starter, and is meticulous through exercising attention to detail and an analytical mindset in all work performed. Given the team-based environment, the candidate will be one who is collaborative, and isn’t scared to challenge the status quo and put forward suggestions on how to improve existing processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to evaluate vertical-market software acquisitions;
- Be the first point of contact to request, organize, analyze and present financial information and non-financial information;
- Prepare both valuation and operational models on potential acquisitions;
- Review confidential information on potential acquisitions and create investment summaries for presentation to Banyan’s management team and board;
- Research attractive industry verticals based on Banyan’s investment criteria;
- Identify and evaluate potential acquisition targets within industry verticals;
- Assist in diligently maintaining a CRM database compiled of enterprise software firms through qualifying potential acquisition targets;
The ideal candidate for the role will possess the following characteristics:
- Excellent academic performance in an undergraduate degree program
- Highly motivated with a strong and proven interest in the fields of private equity, tech entrepreneurship and finance
- A natural curiosity for how businesses work, passion for technology, a tenacious attitude towards research, and the ability to think independently
- Advanced English written and verbal communication skills
- A strong degree of resourcefulness
- Strong analytical abilities and a good understanding of financial statements
- Experience working in the M&A Department preferably of a Big 4 firm or investment banking
- Experience with building financial models, proficiency in translating unorganized data into thoughtfully structured analysis, and relevant M&A work experience is an asset
Interested candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Banyan Software is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply for this position.