Tax Accountant - Strong Independent Practice
Great opportunity to join a busy tax team for a strong, local practice in the Halesowen area. At this firm you will be supported by experienced Tax Directors who can help coach you and elevate you within the specialist field. Equally, if you have plans to gain more exposure to accounts moving forwards, the firm are very supportive in encouraging secondments and permanent moves internally.
The practice I am recruiting for are very forward-thinking and have a great client base consisting of entrepreneurial businesses, sole traders and larger ltd companies. They are very well-regarded in the local market and have won awards for their performance.
The role of the Tax Accountant will consist of:
- Responsibility for your own portfolio of personal tax clients
- Preparation of self-assessment personal tax returns.
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to tax payments and ad hoc queries.
- Assisting with the preparation of P11D Benefit in kind forms.
- Advising clients of tax liabilities.
- Responding to Ad hoc client queries relating to their tax affairs.
- Responding to queries raised by HMRC.
- Assisting in connection with HMRC enquiries.
- Completing mortgage applications for clients.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns.
- Be able to demonstrate and act as a role model for the company values.
- Have the ability to plan and organise workload effectively.
- Acting in a professional manner, upholding the ethics of the firm and our professional regulatory body.
- Building & developing client relationships.
- Attending networking events on behalf of the firm.
- Travelling to and from clients when required.
- Carrying out ad-hoc work as required by the managers and directors.
The successful Tax Accountant will be:
- ATT part-qualified/newly qualified or with an interest to study ATT in the future.
- Tax knowledge and exposure.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in practice.
- Interested in forging a career in Tax for the future.
A competitive salary as well as a study support for ATT if required
A very competitive benefits package.