VAT Manager / Senior Manager - Mid Tier Accountancy Firm
Become a leader within the VAT team of a leading regional accountancy practice.
Our client are a leading Accountancy Practice. They are people orientated and want to drive success. Due to growth and increase in work loads, they require a VAT Manager / Senior Manager to join the team and develop the team further.
This VAT Manager / Senior Manager role will give you the opportunity to make a real difference within the firm wide VAT team. Responsibilities include:
- Advising UK and international clients on the VAT and other indirect tax implications of the new trading arrangements with the EU and other international trade issues
- Advising charity and other not for profit clients on VAT liability of income and VAT recovery including partial exemption methods
- Discussing the VAT implications of residential and commercial property developments with clients and contacts including solicitors and architects
- Advising affected clients on adapting to the new requirements of making tax digital.
- Communicating key VAT developments internally and externally by blogs and social media
- Monitoring budgets and agreeing fees
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Contributing to business development activities and becoming actively involved in the various sector groups
To be successful in your application for this VAT Manager / Senior Manager based in Bristol. You will have/be:
- Experience of working within VAT gained from either an accountancy practice or HMRC environment.
- Will hold the CTA qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a diverse portfolio of VAT clients across multiple sectors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at all levels
Highly competitive base salary
Flexible working arrangements
Part Time working
25 days annual leave