Personal Tax Senior - Fantastic Career Opportunity!
We're exclusively recruiting for a fantastic professional services business commutable from Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Maidstone who are looking for an experienced, Personal Tax Senior to join their team in a position covering both compliance and advisory services. This is an incredible opportunity in a business that provides excellent technical and client facing exposure to their staff and a fantastic service to their clients too.
This professional services organisation, commutable from Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Maidstone is a market leader in their field and they have a fantastic reputation across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London. They provide a wide array of tax services to their clients from basic compliance services through to much more technical advisory work covering trusts, estates, probate CGT and IHT planning. This position offers lots of responsibility and autonomy, reporting in to an experienced and fantastic Tax Manager.
- To independently manage a portfolio of personal tax clients including high net worth individuals.
- Advice and assistance with their personal tax affairs on an ongoing basis to include ad-hoc advisory work
- Maintain client tax files including migration to a new paperless system
- Obtain and prepare information for tax returns including where necessary preparation of profit and loss accounts for the self-employed and landlords and investment records.
- Claiming reliefs for investment schemes such as EIS, SEIS and VCT
- Undertaking capital gains tax computations to assist in the completion of the tax returns
- Completion of resident and non-resident capital gains tax reports via HMRCs 30-day online reporting system
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries
- Dealing with reconciling the tax position up to the date of death
- Preparation of tax returns or repayment claims to date of death on probate files and dealing with tax during the administration period.
- Manage own work in progress and raise fees within appropriate timescales
- To assist and advise lawyers in the firm with queries concerning capital gains tax (CGT) and income tax
- To assist clients and colleagues to respond to new tax legislation
- To assist in marketing for new personal tax work
- To assist in the production of Estate Accounts
- To assist in dealing with Probate Tax Returns
- You will be qualified ATT and/or CTA, studying for a qualification, or with significant experience in personal tax compliance, gained within an accountancy practice or professional services environment as a Personal Tax Senior or Semi Senior.
- Understanding of Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax and completion of personal tax returns.
- Good knowledge of CCH or similar tax software products, MS Word, Microsoft 365 and Excel skills
- Confident to work independently in this autonomous role and manage a portfolio of clients. Adaptability, accuracy and strong interpersonal and communication skills with attention to detail as well as an ability to be flexible. Must have strong organisational skills, be able to use initiative, plan workload effectively, work diligently within the Private Client Team.
- Previous experience essential in dealing directly with personal tax clients in professional practice.
Circa £30,000 - £45,000 dependent on the background, level and experience of the right professional, plus benefits.
Our cleint offers an excellent work life balance and flexible working arrangements to suit their staff.
Please apply online, or for an initial confidential discussion to find out more please contact Tristan Finch on 07717894149.
Commutable from Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenaoks, Maidstone.