Senior Associate, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Capital Markets)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that drives transformation, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient future of finance function.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams to address the challenges surrounding accounting, financial reporting and regulatory complexities, corporate transactions and finance transformations. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through accounting and financial reporting challenges driven by the changing economic and regulatory environment.
As part of assisting finance organizations in corporate transactions, including companies who are developing and executing transformational strategies such raising capital via an initial public offering (IPO), exempt offering via Rule 144A and/or Regulation S FAAS provides regulatory and reporting support.
Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS Senior Associate, you’ll be a key member of the team, committed to supporting FAAS executives in building and maintaining relationships with clients and other service lines in EY. You enjoy challenging the status quo and provide alternative viewpoints. Leveraging off our delivery tools and service enablers, you’ll assist to plan and execute projects and play a key role in the successful delivery of services to our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Deliver advice on technical accounting issues (under IFRS and US GAAP), cross -border capital raising transactions, regulatory and compliance matters across a range of international clients
- Experience auditing US-listed companies and sound technical knowledge of PCAOB audits and SEC reporting
- Produce reports and analyses on accounting issues related to capital raising strategies and regulatory matters
- Build strong relationships with international clients as you help companies execute their cross-border transactions
- Working closely with the practice leaders and executives to support the execution of account strategies
- Proactively engage in conversations with the practice leaders and executives to provide insights on potential client needs based on research of client background and industry trends
- Supporting the planning and execution of the various projects to ensure the successful delivery of complex deadline-driven engagements
- Participating actively in talent and skills development by leveraging on internal and industry learning opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree, preferably in finance, commerce or accounting; a US CPA or similar certification
- At least 3 years of experience in audit or in a large and dynamic organizations in or around the finance field
- Familiarity with US and international accounting standards
- Experience in PCAOB audits and SEC reporting
- Solution-oriented with “go-getter” personality
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident, independent and adaptable
- Excellent verbal/written communication, with strong project management skills
- Experience providing assurance services to clients undertaking capital raising strategies is beneficial
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Involvement in areas such as transaction accounting, US GAAP conversions, accounting change implementation, internal controls and process transformation
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.