Actuarial, Senior Consultant - London
Role purpose: Provide actuarial skills and expertise to a variety of consulting projects.
Crowe UK is an international professional services firm, part of a network of firms operating across 130 countries, supporting clients in the areas of audit, tax, advisory, performance and risk consulting.
In the UK, Crowe has an outstanding and growing management consulting practice focused on the Financial Services and Life Sciences sectors. We provide companies with a broad range of services including: governance and risk management; programme and change management; regulatory and compliance; cyber security; and financial crime.
About this role
This new role is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre and ambitious professional with a successful track record, who wants a new challenge and to shape and develop their career in a consulting firm. It should offer the successful candidate the potential for personal growth and exposure to a wider range of activities. Crowe is a risk consultancy with actuarial capacity, rather than a traditional actuarial consultancy. The successful candidate can expect to be deployed on projects that are not typically actuarial, and be expected to bring the expertise and way of thinking of their profession to such assignments. Examples of such projects in the past include:
- Supporting Skilled Persons Reviews of insurers
- Assisting companies with defining their risk appetite framework
- Development of a company’s ORSA, SFCR and RSR
- Supporting change management programmes
The successful candidate will work on a wide range of client projects in the insurance industry and further afield. The client project work will typically involve being 'hands-on’, at the heart of clients’ operations, taking day-to-day responsibility for delivery of work to help them to solve their issues. The role will typically involve working closely with clients on multi-skilled and experienced teams to deliver client engagements. Delivery may be 'standalone’ i.e. relating to risk operations in isolation, or as part of Crowe’s delivery of wider Enterprise Risk Management projects.
The firm’s focus is centred on the client, and the sustained delivery of a high quality, highly professional service. The working environment rightly recognises the importance of the individual and their core values, and is centred on the power and insight that deeply specialised, high quality people, working in high performing teams, can bring to their clients.
Skills & Competencies
- Deliver high quality expertise and advice to clients
- Display consistent, sustained and exceptional client handling skills
- Work effectively with colleagues and client teams across a range of disciplines and functions, including Risk, Finance, Actuarial, Compliance Programme Management and Change Management
- A range of qualification levels, from part-qualified (1-10 exams), through nearly qualified (11+ exams) and newly qualified
- Good exam track record
- Knowledge and experience of insurance industry and regulatory reporting requirements
- Awareness and understanding of how processes, controls, and related systems and tools can operate effectively and efficiently in practice, to help manage risk
- Consulting experience is preferable, either as part of an advisory/consulting practice or as part of a risk function
- Investment / ALM experience is beneficial
- A good foundation in actuarial work, with understanding of actuarial modelling, valuation, capital and pricing
- Thrives on project-based working in dynamic, pressured environments with committed deadlines
- Comfortable working in teams alongside people with a range of skillsets and experience
- Proven professionalism and sustained application of sound judgement
- High quality written outputs
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex finance issues to non-finance people
- A working style based on organisation and reliability, blended with some innovation and flair
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills, including confidence to develop strong business relationships
- Self-starting, self-managing, flexible, with proven ability to multi-task
- A positive attitude and desire to learn, develop and grow as an individual
- A natural consultant with excellent people skills and the ability to explain highly technical matters to clients with a variety of backgrounds
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
Crowe UK is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
Closing Date: 28 May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.