Auditor (Fixed term contract)
Chiene + Tait is an award-winning chartered accountancy firm of over 140 staff and 13 partners. As we continue to grow and develop, we pride ourselves on quality and client focus, together with offering excellent professional development. Headquartered in the heart of Edinburgh’s city centre, we have further offices in Inverness and London.
We are looking for a qualified auditor to join the firm on a fixed term basis over the summer months. We can offer the chance to work with clients in a wide range of sectors and would like to discuss this opportunity with candidates who are ready to commit to the demanding environment of public practice. Like many organisations, we have adapted our working practices to ensure the safety of our team and our clients. Our teams are all currently working remotely, and this is likely to continue for the foreseeable future. Therefore, this role will be fully remotely, and you could be located anywhere within the UK.
Candidates should have UK based external audit experience, strong technical and communication skills. Attention to detail, technical strength, commercial awareness, good communication and PC skills are essential.
The main duties of the role will include:
- External audit of accounts for a varied portfolio of clients including for example, owner managed businesses, charities, housing associations, property groups, pension schemes, technology and life sciences sectors, and financial services
- Liaison and communication with Supervisors, Managers and Partners
- Developing and maintaining client contact and relationships
- Ensure that work is completed within the required timescales and to the agreed budget
- Undertake ad-hoc work as directed by the Manager
- Experience of accounts preparation essential
- Recent experience in public practice essential
- Recent external audit experience essential
- Qualified CA or ACCA
- Good communication skills required
- Willingness to take responsibility and suggest solutions to problems encountered
- Proven success as a team player
- Demonstrable ability to work to budgets and deadlines
- IT literate – Microsoft Office, CCH Audit Automation, SAGE, Xero, CaseWare IDEA preferred