Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Accounting & Payroll - Project Manager - Doha
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Financial Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients.
Our team provides our clients with customised accounting services based on their in house needs and current International Financial Reporting Standards (International Financial Reporting Standards) guidelines. You’ll work with our team to provide specialist advice and training in areas such as financial instruments, business combinations, pensions and share schemes, listings, corporate treasury, company secretarial and corporate governance.
Implements financial strategy and functional model set out by Finance Manager.
- Organizing and directing the work of Secondees professional
- Ensure that financial practices are in line with statutory legislation and regulations. Support and manages the implementation of the finance strategy set out by the finance Manager.
- Reviews the breakdown of financial information.
- Supports and manages the implementation of initiatives, previously reviewed by the Finance manager to enhance the productivity of Finance Department.
- Liaises periodically with the records at different business units in order to review their accounting and financial / data information so to verify balances and financial requirements going forward.
- Advises Finance Manager on financial performance of business units and create an overall picture for KAHRAMAA executive team on a monthly basis or as required by them.
- Provides support, training and information to Finance Department new joining accountants regarding accounting, book-keeping, planning, control etc. in order to ensure alignment with strategic plans set out by and any policy changes which might affect them.
- Supports the Finance Manager in managing and controlling the budget assigned by communicating to Finance Department and Heads of business units and liaises with them on a monthly basis to review spending against budgets.
- Conducts financial data reviews in order to ensure reliability of figures that are generated from the accounting system
- Ensures the maintenance of a proper accounting system and a general ledger application to meet the requirements
- Provides support to the reconciliations of general ledger and related accounts (with subsidiary ledgers and external systems) to ensure the accuracy of account balances.
- Oversees aspects of the monthly closing process.
- Ensures monitoring and collection of payment or collection terms.
- Reviews and provides advises on updates to the chart of accounts. Materials Department Project Manager
- Reviews changes / updates in financial regulations and legislation.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate accounting standards.
- Advises Finance Manager on financial performance of business units and create an overall picture for the executive team on a monthly basis or as required by them.
- Provides support, training and information to Finance Department new joining accountants regarding accounting, book-keeping, planning, control etc. in order to ensure alignment with strategic plans set out and any policy changes which might affect them.
- Support the Finance Manager in managing and controlling the budget assigned by communicating Assist in drafting new policies and procedures and suggest improvements on the currents cycles,
- Financial and managerial accounting reporting to the management,
- Cooperate with other related departments/sections to maintain AR - accurate data base,
- Recommends changes to strengthen the internal control.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Professional qualification in finance is a must (e.g. CMA or ACCA)
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a managerial position and 5 years of experience in utilities
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- Computer skills including proficiency in common word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
- Well organized.
- Attention to detail and ability to cope with crises and difficult situations
- Mastery of written and spoken English and Arabic
Travel Requirements 0%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.