Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Accounting & Payroll - Senior Analyst Risk & Insurance - Doha
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients.
Support the accounting functions of the department regarding Risk & Insurance.
- Plans and directs the activities of assigned personnel in the Section, carries out supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by the management for the position. Ensures the Corporation policy for insurance is implemented accurately.
- Identifies analysis and evaluates major risks pertaining to all phases of production of Electricity and water and recommends means of protection against such risks. Making a working knowledge of the operation of the Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Monitors various activities and inter relation in new ventures, new agreements expansions and administers insurable risks.
- Oversees Corporate policies administration in respect of all insurance policies. Negotiates and effects claims settlement under the ongoing insurance programs, including quantification and establishment of claims grounds, lodging and supporting claims against insurers and following up of settlement with adjusters, surveyors and insurers.
- Guides senior management in identifying various risks exposed to the Corporation.
- Maintains awareness of general practice trends locally and internationally, with the view to developing the current insurance program, and consequently the corporate approach to risk management.
- Participates in insurance activities of major projects.
- Advises management of those projects on all insurance related matters from the design, throughout the construction and up to the operational phase.
- Activates the appropriate retention or transfer mechanism when a loss occurs.
- Participates with production sharing partners in setting up the insurance arrangements at the widest available insurance coverage and most reasonable cost.
- Implements approved Insurance plans and coverage, ensuring savings on premiums and marked improvement in the quality of service provided by the Insurance companies.
- Coordinates with other departments for collection and completion of required insurance information.
- Reconciles the monthly budgetary report, offers clarifications, if any for insurance activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Economics or Statistics or in Business Administration or equivalents;
- Preferably an Associate-ship of Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) or Fellow-ship (FCII);
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience with recognized firms;
- Highly numerate, with developed analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data;
- Computer skills including proficiency in common word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs;
- Should be bilingual with mastery of written and spoken Arabic and English.
Travel Requirements 0%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.