Senior Associate - VAT Compliance (m/f)
Our VAT practice is fast growing and we are looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and motivated team of 50+ people. You will be part of a team delivering high value-added services to its clients by using a constantly evolving tailored tax technology combined with deep technology expertise able to react immediately to changes in the VAT landscape.
As a VAT Senior Associate (m/f), you will:
- Oversee a portfolio of local and international clients in various industries to assist them in their VAT compliance obligations. Your role is to critically review VAT returns and other filings prepared by a junior team using tools and technology that will efficiently support you in your role;
- Be the client's contact for day-to-day matters in relation to their indirect tax compliance obligations;
- Liaise with the VAT authorities when required to solve issues your clients may face;
- Engage and cooperate with other PwC departments and business units both in Luxembourg and abroad;
- Coach and develop a team of juniors;
- Learn and develop your technical and business skills both through on the job coaching and specific training sessions.
- You hold a University degree in Economics or Management, preferably with a focus on taxation, or you have an equivalent qualification in taxation;
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in indirect taxation in the international tax department of a business, a law firm, a tax consultancy firm or in the area of corporate consulting;
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of German and/or French is considered as a strong asset;
- You are a critical thinker, you are disciplined, you have editorial skills, you display professional scepticism and you show initiative-these are all assets for succeeding in this role;
- You have excellent organisational and people skills.