Senior Analyst - Risk Model Development
4 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Senior Analyst/Associate Consultant, is a key member of the Risk Modelling Team and Responsible for acting as an individual contributor in the development and maintenance of high quality risk analytics for PPNR and Credit risk Modelling. Resolves complex issues in PPNR/Credit Risk modelling and measuring risk, enhancement in PPNR/Credit Risk methodologies or other aspects of risk measurement.
- Responsible for PPNR model development for Non-Interest Income, Net Interest Income, Expense, Deposit, Balance models. Ensures regular production of analytical work. Development of CCAR models (PD/EAD/LGD) , CECL models (PD/EAD/LGD) and Basel models (PD/EAD/LGD). Collaborates with regulators, Audit Services, and other independent reviewers.
- Evaluates existing framework in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices. Assesses development needs and manages process to achieve desired future state.
- Supports stress testing, capital quantification and/or internal capital allocation methodologies. Ensures that modelling approaches meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements related to prevailing regulatory guidance.
- Provides technical/theoretical inputs to resolve risk issues and enhance overall risk framework. Works with other risk or business unit teams to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modelling approaches are consistent.
- Operates independently; has knowledge of banking balance sheets and income statements.
- Conducts analysis, independently ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for interaction with different committees and/or senior management.
- Master in Statistics/ Economics/Mathematics/advanced degree in quant area
- Or B.tech. From tier 1 college with MBA in related field
Skills & Experience
- Strong BASEL, CCAR and DFAST, SR-11/7 understanding. Strong regulatory understanding
- Experience Criteria: 2-4 years of hands on model building experience in PPNR/ Credit Risk
- Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modelling techniques including familiarity with statistical concepts used in stress testing Strong in quantitative skills – experience in model validation a plus
- Experience in R, SAS, Matlab, advanced Excel techniques and VBA programming. SAS is preferred
- Strong Experience in building linear regression models, Nonlinear regression, time series modeling (ARIMA, AR, VAR, MA ) and stochastic process
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and global environment
- Related Industry qualification (e.g., CFA, FRM) a plus