Senior Accountant-Legal Entity #169404
Your field of responsibility
This role is within the Legal Entity Controller team covering the Credit Suisse New York and Cayman Branches. This role will also support processes and projects across LEAR Americas entities. And will include following responsibilities:
- Core accounting for entities with complex Investment Banking products including Trading Inventory, Repos, and Derivatives. This includes monthly closing and analytical review of Income Statement and Balance Sheet, with presentation of results analysis to business partners (internal and external).
- Compliance with USGAAP, CHGAAP, and local regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining an effective control environment in the core accounting area, including execution of SOX controls over material and high-impact processes.
- Provide initial layer of supervisory review of junior staff work product.
- Support analysis and implementation for new business and innovation projects.
- Build and manage strong working relationships with Credit Suisse management in New York and Zurich, other CS departments (e.g. Operations, Product Control), and other business partners (e.g. auditors, regulators) and other duties as assigned.
Your future colleagues
Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) is a distributed team with 160+ staff accountable for core accounting for the major legal entities within Credit Suisse Group. The LEAR Americas team based in Raleigh is a strong team accountable for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis and results presentation for Credit Suisse’s US Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) and its subsidiaries, as well as Credit Suisse’s New York and Cayman Islands Branches.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for an applicant with an undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance. With equivalent experience of at least 4+ years, Big 4 or Financial Services experience preferred.
- CPA / Masters in Accounting preferred.
- Proficient use of the Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present to management.
- Demonstrates initiative, a self-starter that requires minimal direction.
- Hardworking mentality, result oriented, with an ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Proven interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- High level of integrity, attention to detail and quality standards.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.