4 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Grant Thornton team continues to grow its market presence across Bahrain, supporting dynamic clients to unlock value through the diverse services which we offer. In response to our continued growth, we are now looking to expand our Audit and Assurance team, for which we are seeking an audit senior/auditor.
The audit senior/auditor must exhibit high standards of professional and social ethics and must accept full responsibility as the in-charge accountant for audit engagements of varying size and complexity to include, planning and coordinating the various phases of the field work, directing and reviewing the work of a number of assistants, and making decision on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Perform and supervise the small and large audit engagements, potentially one or more assignments simultaneously
- Plan and coordinate the various phases of the audit engagements such as staff requirements, audit procedures and audit time budget
- Schedule, delegate and review the work of the one or more assistants, support on the job training and evaluate their performance
- Guide the decision making process on all but the most unusual audit and accounting matters
- Ensure complete and timely engagement wrap-up to include preparation and review of financial statements, schedule Manager and Partners review, may coordinate closing meetings with clients.
Audit and accounting responsibilities:
- Evaluate the client’s internal controls, outlining the extent of sampling required as per tailored audit programs as per horizon audit methodology
- Perform the audit procedures as per audit program approved by the Manager and the Partner
- Review working papers for accuracy and completion, financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures as per International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and documentation of discussions with clients
- Summarize engagement, make planning points for the next year, prepare management letters, draft reports, and prepare routine client correspondence
- Follow the progress of the audit engagement, assist in clearing points, and resolve the auditing and accounting problems
- Coordinate and expedite the review of files by the Audit Manager and Partner
- Keep the Audit Manager/Partner apprised of the progress of the engagement, consult with them on problem areas, review with them any significant audit findings.
- Cultivate an increasing level of technical skills in auditing
- Develop a learning program to continually develop and expand knowledge and expertise through learning opportunities on the job
- Actively seek opportunities to expand services to existing clients and develop new business
- Promote and uphold the firm’s policies and procedures, and become knowledgeable in the firm’s services
- Follow up with the clients for fees and new business
- Communicate engagement problems, findings and status to Audit managers and Partners.
- Coordinate and delegate the work of staffs
- Interface the client personnel to review audit and accounting findings
- Qualified CA/ACCA/CPA
- Able to manage a team of professionals
- Professional verbal and written business communication skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.