Model Developer in Finance
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices in the City Centre that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
- Help to implement, maintain, and execute CCAR-related (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review) statistical and analytical Pre-Provision Net Revenue (PPNR) and balance sheet forecasting models
- Coordinate across business and functional teams during model development process
- Maintain existing CCAR-related statistical and analytical forecasting models, presentations, and documentation, including quarterly performance monitoring process
- Drive strong partnerships / coordination with Business Units and functional areas and Model Risk Management and engage in review and challenge processes of Business Unit CCAR PPNR and balance sheet forecasts
- Assist in developing value-add analytics for the strategic management decision-making process
- Develop and implement enhancements of critical financial forecasting policies and procedures
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and presentations for senior management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Math / Statistics or related field.
- Strong knowledge of statistical modelling and econometrics (especially time series analysis)
- Proficiency in a (statistical) programming language
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage processes from end-to-end to ensure successful and timely delivery of requirements
- Effective time management and ability to meet tight deadlines and handle pressure situations
- Strong organization skills, with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective written and oral communication abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Confident command of English
You might also have: (nice to have skills):
- Graduate degree is preferred
- Experience in R programming is preferred
- Relevant work experience (in Economics, Math / Statistics or related field) is an advantage (3+ years)
- Background in revenue forecasting or macroeconomic planning is an advantage
- Familiarity with CCAR / DFAST and relevant regulatory stress test topics preferred
Infrastructure FP&A makes sure books and records are correct for Morgan Stanley's support areas, reviews actual cost pools and is responsible for financial planning for the support services of the Firm. As part of the monthly reporting, this group prepares global management reporting packs with analysis and commentary.
Within FP&A, the CCAR model development team is responsible for developing new and enhancing the current forecasting models for the Federal Reserve’s regulatory framework (CCAR).
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.