GmbH Depository Oversight, Senior Associate (12 month, Fix Term Contract)
4 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
In the role of Depository Oversight:
The senior-associate will provide valuable assistance with respect to:
- Perform the analysis of funds’ structures introduced by clients (being UCITS or AIFs);
- Onboard new client on the depositary point of view through the analysis of the relevant legal documentation;
- Monitor and control depositary oversight tasks in relation to:
- Investment restriction monitoring;
- Analysis of the funds’ audit reports;
- Preparation of due diligence questionnaires and analysis of the information provided by the counterparties;
- Assist in the drafting and implementation of relevant external operating memorandum and written procedures.
- Maintain databases and ensures documents are updated as needed in relation to the allocated tasks;
- Assist the team manager;
- Preparation of quality deliverables;
- Participation to meetings with funds’ representatives;
- Ability to work independently.
- Bac + 3;
- University degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
Professional experience in a bank/depositary, asset management firm or audit firm with focus on legal with exposure to the funds incorporated under the Luxembourg law of December 17th, 2010 or under the Alternative Investment Manager Directive. An in-depth knowledge of such structures and related processes, and understanding of the related legal environment is essential (including but not limited to the applicable European Directives and the CSSF Circulars).
Experience in operating and monitoring of UCITS and AIF vehicles both from an accounting or custody perspective will be considered as an asset.
- Ability to analyze a situation and obtain information to reach sound conclusions;
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues, clients and business contacts;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Team-spirit oriented.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Effective Internet research.
- English and either French of German (would be an plus point)
- Any other European languages will be considered as an asset
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.