Financial Analyst, Officer
Why this role is important to us
The team you may join is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. Charles River Development helps creating enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds.
Who we are looking for
A motivated professional experienced in Finance / Financial Planning & Analysis / Accounting area eager to further develop their analytical skills and knowledge.
Your new role
As a Financial Analyst you will:
- Perform recurring monthly data extracts and analyses to support the company’s activity based costing (ABC) program and operational metrics reporting
- Develop financial models and scenario analysis to support long-range strategic planning, forecasting and budgeting cycles
- Produce and/or enhance internal management reporting and analyses both on a regularly scheduled and ad-hoc basis
- Consolidate, cleanse and de-duplicate large amounts of data to allow for concise and meaningful analysis
- Utilize current documentation and tools/methodologies, and recommend new solutions to improve/automate existing and new processes and support new initiatives
- Develop and publish KPI/metrics dashboards that on a regular basis provide management visibility into the performance and health of the business
- Become a finance partner to accounting and support monthly accounting close activities, provide required information for cost allocation entries by department, calculate monthly accruals, provide information required for cost capitalization
- Run bi-weekly time tracking reports by task, maintain and provide analysis required for SaaS implantations revenue recognition and cost capitalization
- Gather information in support of monthly acquisition & restructuring (A&R) entries, coordinate with accounting and STT to ensure proper treatment
- Develop and maintain process documentation, own documentation repository
What we value
Skills needed to successfully perform the function:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and management alike
- Advanced Excel, big data analysis, and financial modeling skills (proficiency in macros is a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities and deliver under pressure
- Ability to work and think independently, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced complex environment
- Flexibility with schedule and ability work across multiple time zones when required
Education and preferred qualifications
Required experience and knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience with progressively growing responsibility in Finance or Financial Planning and Analysis or Accounting field in a complex organization with a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Hyperion, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and MS Access is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required (Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics)
What we offer
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport Card
- Remote work options
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings and technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.