Specialist – Financial Controllership
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding diverse collection of brands. From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the diversity of our talent and strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Global Diageo Business Services (GDBS) is a global multi-functional shared service entity that processes DIAGEO-wide transactions across various world regions.
Diageo Business Service India (DBSI) is a Diageo Business Shared Services Centre (BSS) servicing the Diageo Africa, APAC, Europe, America markets.
Processes in scope at DBSI are: Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Record to Report, Data Management & Financial Controllership.
FC NAM - The Team liaises with the various business finance and management teams to lead NAM’s finance agenda in various areas through-out the fiscal year
Purpose of Role:
Review RtR Teams work before system submission (e.g. SAP journals, BFC reporting) ensuring controls are in place and processes managed as described by the relevant policies and desktop procedures
- Oversight of FC KPI and Data quality measuer, proactively manage remediation actions in alignement with RtR and FC leadership
- Manage external and internal audit related RtR questions
- Act as main contact in case of RtR questions for the financial controllers and FP&As
- Process journal entries posting, prepare and review the relevant backup calculation ensuring that adequate audit trail is in place • Update annual statutory financial statements and reports (BS, CF, PL and appendix) if required • Perform trial balance pre-reviews before GL closes (CTT coding, business areas, etc.)
- Perform GL reconciliations and action unreconciled items
- Support BFC Standard Publish with clearing validation errors, preparing and saving control documentations as per Diageo’s global instructions
- Prepare/ review BFC-SAP reconciliation file, investigate any differences and solve any issues accordingly
- Support post-close adjustment processes (backup preparation, commenting, entry processing)
- Support the financial statement review with legal entity FC team
- Be actively involved in FC and close processes (e.g. preparing lead sheet, precision limit, scorecard and balance sheet review files if requested)
- Maintain GL ownership (focusing on unassigned accounts), authorization matrices
Executional excellence – should prepare reports and provide solutions on a simple and straight forward way
Challenge to improve – should focus on improvement opportunities by positively challenging existing forms and ways of working
Control focus – a controlling mindset is inevitable to contribute to the design and operation of our control environment
Positive intent and personal impact – interact with various departments with a positive outlook when looking for solutions.
Has the self-confidence to present own ideas and convince other in a motivating way.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Ensure that management and statutory reporting is completed accurately and on time and that the surrounding internal control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- ordinate and support the less senior team members to fulfill their business as usual record-to-report tasks
- Active involvement in in complex accounting questions and transactions (e.g. fixed assets, accruals, BS cleansing, etc.)
- Responsible for daily operational accounting and financial activities. Solve arising issues, liaises with stakeholders and with other financial colleagues to solve specific issues.
- Proactively suggests improvements/additional control points to build in and takes an active part in process improvement projects, in implementation and in the follow up.
- ACCA member/CA Inter/CWA/
- Graduate in Finance or Accounting
- At least 4-8 Relevant years working experience in a SSC/FMCG finance environment, with exposure to following areas:
- Proven track record in the area of Financial Accounting / Reporting, and/or Financial Controlling experience is strongly preferred
- Financial Reporting (end to end view of Financial Statement Preparation and review with Finance Director/Finance Controller)
- Legal entity controllership (Closing, Group Financial reporting, BS reconciliations, Controls, Audit)
- Stakeholders (FD/FC ) management • Internal / external audit experience and/or SOX is an advantage
- Experience with Shared services process activities is an advantage
- Capable of working in a deadline driven environment.
- Working in a multi-national finance environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage senior managers as well as other process stakeholders.
- Demonstrated English proficiency (read, write and speak). Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Relevant experience with integrated systems such as SAP is an advantage.
- MS applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word, etc.)
- BFC/Group reporting knowledge is an advantage
- Visual Basic knowledge is an advantage
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity. We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings. Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.