Investor Relations Manager
Exciting Investor Relations Manager role in a culture driven business. Direct engagement with the Director of Investor Relations.
World leading events management business.
Our client has launched an Investor Relations service to help corporate clients achieve their fundraising and investor engagement goals at across some of the biggest IR events in the world. The Investor Relations Manager plays a critical role in delivering this service for the strategically important segment of junior investors for these events. Working in conjunction with the Director of Investor Relations, the Investor Relations Manager's primary responsibility is to connect junior clients with potential investors, financiers and partners that can help develop their mining interests. To achieve this the Investor Relations Manager will coordinate targeted introductions, develop thought-leading content focused on key investment and industry themes and deliver networking opportunities that bring together the mining, investment and finance communities.
* IR Programme Development: Develop and lead an Investor Relations Programme specifically
designed for junior companies looking to raise capital and/or improve valuation at our clients events
* Strategic Partnerships: Develop and maintain good working relationships with key members of the
mining finance and investment communities such as bankers, brokers, fund managers and analysts to source leads, develop product/service ideas and maintain a general awareness of industry trends.
* New Product Development: Support the Director of Investor Relations in enhancing the Investor
Relations service by developing new service offerings, such as non-deal roadshows and online
materials, to be delivered year-round as well as contributing new product ideas for the conference in
* Business Development: Support the Sales team in promoting opportunities for junior
companies to participate in the events programme that generate revenue.
* Lead Generation: Maintaining a database of the junior businesses universe and sourcing
potential clients for the Investor Relations service and/or other sponsorship and exhibition
* Team Management: Coach junior members of the team on Investor Relations and Conference
Production best practices and to support their ongoing professional development.
* Systems Development: Work closely with Operations, Marketing and other functions to help ensure systems, such as Business Matchmaking, are developed adequately to provide a seamless delivery of service for corporate and investor clients.
* Meeting Coordination: Coordinating highly targeted meeting programmes for corporate and investor clients with the aim of generating deal-making activity at the events
Experience & Skills - Essential
* 2 years of commercial experience, preferably within a client-facing role and with a basic
understanding of capital markets, corporate finance and/or the mining industry.
* Business development skills - you'll be required to travel internationally and will need to have the
ability to engage confidently with senior members of the mining and finance industries.
* Financial literacy and analytical skills - confidence in coordinating targeted meetings between
corporates and investors as well as generating meaningful insights and metrics.
* Excellent project management skills, specifically multi-tasking, time management and meeting
targets and deadlines.
* Degree in Business, Finance or a related field.
* Proactive, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial trends and drive the development of a strategic section of our event.
* First class communication skills - verbal and written
* Confident, charismatic, sociable and outgoing
* Strongly results-focused, able to clearly demonstrate success via proven metrics
* Proven ability to work effectively in a team and across time zones.
* A flexible approach to working methods and ability to work independently
Fun working enviroment with great support functuins across the business.