Senior Business Analyst
2 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
- The team provides support to both the client account manager and investment operations teams in terms of creating and running our operational control framework as well as looking after information delivery. The role will interact with the client and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the client. The role involves supporting multiple client relationships and operational teams in multiple locations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need people like you to help these clients navigate the complexities of our organization as a whole. In this role you will be part of cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Business Analyst you will
- Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution. Liaise with colleagues in the London, US, Australia and India SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution
- Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
- Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Provide support to multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Management
- Always adhere to internal procedures and best practices
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good team working skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in finance, accounting, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience
- Asset management experience, including investment operations.
- PC literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills necessary
- SQL writing experience preferred.
- Flexible working hours may be required.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.